Contest entries still being accepted for Saturday’s events
Planes, Trains and Automobiles organizers are still accepting entries for the poster coloring and the Father’s Day essay contests for this weekend’s events.
Both contest entries can be turned into the Baldwin City Recreation Commission office at 715 High St or mailed to P.O. Box 871 by Thursday afternoon.
The Father’s Day essay contest has been part of the Planes, Trains and Automobiles event during the last couple of years. Children wanting to enter should write a short essay about why their dad is the greatest. Prizes will be awarded for the contest.
Poster coloring contest entries should be submitted on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. The poster should be an original work of art depicting the Planes, Trains and Automobiles event. A $50 savings bond will be given to the winner of each age group. The age groups are preschool, K-1, 2-3 and 4-5 grade levels.
The winners for both contests will be announced at 3 p.m. Saturday on the steps of City Hall, located at the corner of Eighth and High streets.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Kansas budget director accessed state email
- Baker to face defending national champion in 2nd round of NAIA playoffs
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU