Flash flood watch in effect until 7 a.m. Wednesday
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a flash flood watch for Northeast Kansas from 1 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Among counties included in the watch are Douglas, Franklin, Osage, Shawnee and Jefferson.
Slow-moving thunderstorms are expected to produce heavy rainfall Tuesday afternoon and evening. The weather service advises that some areas could see up to four inches of rainfall in a short amount of time. Small creeks and streams will likely be affected.
Check back to www.baldwincity.com for more information as it develops.
More like this story
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita