Flash flood watch in effect until 7 a.m. Wednesday
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a flash flood watch for Northeast Kansas from 1 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Among counties included in the watch are Douglas, Franklin, Osage, Shawnee and Jefferson.
Slow-moving thunderstorms are expected to produce heavy rainfall Tuesday afternoon and evening. The weather service advises that some areas could see up to four inches of rainfall in a short amount of time. Small creeks and streams will likely be affected.
Check back to www.baldwincity.com for more information as it develops.
More like this story
- Baldwin City miniature horse farm ready for Kaw Valley Farm Tour
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died