Ottawa man in shooting, suicide is identified
The man suspected of shooting a Eudora man and then killing himself Saturday night has been identified as Eric Dan Stone, a 29-year-old firefighter from Ottawa.
Several people were outside to launch fireworks when the incident happened at a house in the 400 block of East 2000 Road, in a rural area northeast of Baldwin City.
Stone was found dead in the driveway of the home, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
A sheriff's spokesman said the man shot a 34-year-old Eudora man in the back, before killing himself.
The Eudora man was treated and released from the hospital.
More like this story
- Sheriff’s office reviewing July 4 shooting followed by suicide near Baldwin City
- Shooting in Douglas County sends Eudora man to hospital, suspect turns gun on himself
- Baldwin City man jailed on aggravated battery charge in connection with neighbor's shooting
- Police identify woman killed at Kansas store
- 'Person of interest' in Lansing homicide becomes suspect