Sheriff’s office reviewing July 4 shooting followed by suicide near Baldwin City
A 34-year-old Eudora man was treated and released from the hospital Saturday night, after being shot in the back by a man suspected of killing himself with the same shotgun.
The incident happened about 8:15 p.m. Saturday at a house in the 400 block of East 2000 Road, in a rural area northeast of Baldwin City, where several people were outside to launch fireworks.
Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Lewis said the Eudora man was able to flee the gunman, a 29-year-old man from Ottawa, who was found dead in the driveway of the home. Lewis said the incident was related to an ongoing situation at the residence and that the victim and suspect were not related.
Lewis said the deceased man’s name would not be released until sheriff’s administrators reviewed the completed report, which could be as late as Thursday.
More like this story
- Shooting in Douglas County sends Eudora man to hospital, suspect turns gun on himself
- Ottawa man in shooting, suicide is identified
- Sheriff’s report: Alcohol contributed to Wednesday accident near Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Motorcyclist injured in Sunday wreck released from KU Hospital
- Authorities release name of suicide victim