Signal to move to new look
Beginning with next week’s edition, the Signal will be printed in a more compact design than readers have enjoyed in the past with their newspaper. We’ll also be adding features, including a seven-day weather outlook, a photo package that focuses on events around “Our Hometown,” and “5 Questions” on topics in the news.
The new design is intended to be easier for readers to handle and navigate. It also will offer advertisers a new package of standardized ad sizes.
“The smaller page format is designed to ease our production costs and still offer readers and advertisers, in tandem with www.baldwincity.com, the best local news product available,” said Jeff Myrick, editor.
Timely news and feature stories, which readers have come to expect, will continue as usual, Myrick said.
Other changes include providing a new crossword puzzle and dropping the Magic Maze and Go Figure puzzles.
“We might arrive at your home in a smaller package, but we’ll still have big news,” Myrick said.
More like this story
- Baldwin City, township firefighters battle prop blazes
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas