Two candidates file for council; one withdraws
With the filing deadline past for Baldwin City Council and Baldwin School Board positions, two additional people have filed and one has withdrawn. That leaves a slate of five council, three mayor and three school board candidates for the April 7 election.
Douglas County Clerk Jamie Shew said Tom Farmer and Chris Nichols have filed for city council. Dan Broers withdrew his name from the ballot. No additional school board candidates have filed, leaving the three incumbents unopposed. They are Ande Parks, Bill Busby and Ruth Barkley.
The candidates for mayor are incumbent Gary Walbridge, current Council Member Ken Wagner and former Council Member George McCrary. The other three candidates for council are Rick Gere, Bonnie Plumberg and Russ Gill.
More like this story
- Disaster, damage numbers rise in Kansas
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Baldwin's Dorathy, Lawrence superintendent worry about more cuts as Legislature looks for way out of red ink
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles