BHS boys advance to BIT title game
For the third straight year, the Baldwin High boys’ basketball team will be playing in its home tournament championship game. The Bulldogs advanced to the final with a 41-38 victory over Perry-Lecompton Friday night.
Baldwin’s Justin Vander Tuig scored five of the Bulldogs’s final seven points. He led the team with 16 points in the contest. The Bulldogs will play Kansas City Christian, who beat August 52-49 Friday, at 5:30 p.m. tonight.
B — 5 10 11 15 – 41
PL — 7 12 8 11 – 38
Baldwin — Pattrick, 2; Beecher, 5; Tommer, 5; Kueffer, 9; Wright, 4; Vander Tuig, 16.
Perry-Lecompton — Hurd, 3; Wege, 5; Gimzo, 9; Phillips, 4; Gantz, 2; Bowman, 15.
More like this story
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction