Bulldogs win BIT opener over Bonner Springs
After two straight losses to Frontier League teams, the Baldwin High School boys’ basketball team looked to get back on track at its home tournament.
Brandon Tommer and Justin Vander Tuig each scored more than 20 points as Bulldogs took care of business against a feisty Bonner Springs squad Tuesday. The Bulldogs (5-3) won 87-74 in the first round of the Baldwin Invitational Tournament.
The senior Tommer scored a game-high 27 points as his sophomore counterpart added 20. The two Bulldogs also threw down a dunk during the contest.
Baldwin will play Perry-Lecompton in the second round at 7 p.m. Friday.
There will be a full story on the contest on Thursday's Signal.
BS — 19 8 16 31 - 74
B — 22 26 21 18 – 87
Bonner Springs — Mills, 4; Day, 23; Terrell, 3; Smith, 1; MacDonald, 5; Brailsford, 14; Crawford, 3; Jackson, 2; Stewart, 7; Richardo, 12.
Baldwin — Pattrick, 2; Hecker, 2; Beecher, 12; Randels, 3; Tommer, 27; Kueffer, 5; McCall, 6; Wright, 10; Vander Tuig, 20.
More like this story
- Proposed Baldwin City littering ordinance draws criticism
- Douglas County fire ban extended
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund