Douglas County Democrats plan inaugural celebration
The Douglas County Democratic Party will sponsor a celebration of President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 20 at Abe and Jake’s Landing, 8 E. Sixth St.
The event will include music, food and a large-screen television to show footage of the inaugural balls and replays of Obama’s inaugural address. Contests also will be available to win Obama-Biden inaugural memorabilia from Washington, D.C.
Admission will be free, but organizers ask anyone who attends to bring a food item to be donated to Douglas County food pantries.
For more information, click on the Douglas County Democratic Party’s Web site at www.douglascountydems.org
More like this story
- No. 7 Baker ends tournament run, 52-47, against OBU
- Baldwin High School baseball team finishes 5th in Kansas City, Kan., tournament
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Baldwin Bulldogs baseball team goes 3-1
- Baldwin High baseball team finishes regular season with 2-1 week