Two people arrested after knife incident in Baldwin City
Two people were arrested early this morning after an attack involving a knife in the parking lot of Puckett's Bar, 309 Ames St. in Baldwin City.
Officer Daniel Flick of the Baldwin City Police Department said that the incident began when a 44-year-old Baldwin City woman attacked a man outside the bar. The woman's boyfriend then pulled a knife on the man.
The woman attempted to restrain her boyfriend as he wielded the knife.
“There really wasn’t any injury,” said Sgt. Greg Neis. “The victim was battered by the female suspect and then a male suspect assaulted him with a knife.
“It happened in the parking lot or on the way out to the parking lot,” Neis said.
Neis said the knife was pulled, but was not used on the victim, whose age is unknown. The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. and the bar was closed.
Officers reported holding the suspects at gunpoint when they arrived at the bar.
The woman and her 46-year-old boyfriend, both from Baldwin City, were both booked into Douglas County Jail this morning. Neis said the woman was charged with battery and the man with assault.
He said the investigation into the incident is continuing and the report is not complete.
Check back to BaldwinCity.com for more details as they become available.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem