New trial for Pitts set for May 4
A Douglas County judge has set a date for the retrial of a Baldwin City man accused of shooting his neighbor in the head.
The first case against 36-year-old Brian Pitts ended in a mistrial Feb. 13, when jurors failed to reach a verdict on the aggravated battery charge he faced.
Pitts is accused of firing multiple shots in August inside his neighbor’s home in the 200 block of Elm Street.
Police said one of the bullets grazed the victim’s scalp.
A new trial date was set for May 4. Prosecutors said they are in the process of conducting more tests on evidence and will present additional evidence at the new trial.
More like this story
- Baldwin City man accused of shooting neighbor to stand trial
- Baldwin City man accused of shooting neighbor to have preliminary hearing
- Baldwin City man accused of shooting his neighbor placed on probation
- After hung jury, Pitts to stand trial again
- Charges filed against Baldwin City man in connection with weekend shooting