Neighbors: Jackie Lorenzen
Name: Jackie W. Lorenzen
Occupation: Senior bus driver for Douglas County Senior Services in Baldwin City.
Family: Husband David, children Loretta, Karla, David Allen, Celina and 10 grandchildren.
Place of birth: Trenton, Mo.
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. I’ve lived here 27 years. The love of my life, David, brought me here. I met him at the Defenbaugh Dump where we both worked. You can find good things at the dump.
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. Getting married for the second time.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Keep your word, pay your bills, be honest.
Q. What would you want people to know about you?
A. Remember our senior citizens because we will all be there some day.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. Anything to help others.
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. Be home with my husband and a good book to read.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A. Arizona with grandkids.
Song: One Day at a Time
Movie: What Happens in Vegas
Food: Chicken, iced vanilla coffee from McDonald’s
More like this story
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldwin City team wins Sunflower State Games wrestling team championship
- State champion Bulldogs have three wrestlers named to LJW team
- Baldwin claims first-ever state wrestling title
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title