Neis is hired as chief of Baldwin City Police Department
Greg Neis was hired Tuesday as the new police chief for the Baldwin City Police Department. He had been interim police chief since Aug. 6, when Mike McKenna resigned the post.
“We had several qualified applicants and I believe Greg has the experience, temperament and dedication to continue building a quality police department,” said City Administrator Jeff Dingman. “I look forward to working with Greg to foster community support for the department, as well as higher levels of visibility and community involvement from the department’s standpoint.”
Neis had been a sergeant with department since December 2008. Prior to that, he had been with the Eudora Police Department for 13 years, including five as sergeant. He has been involved in law enforcement in Douglas County since 1977.
The promotion was made by Dingman Tuesday morning. Neis will begin as police chief Jan. 3 at an annual salary of $62,500.
The Signal will update this story as more information becomes available.
More like this story
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Letter to the editor: Baldwin City Community Theatre disbanding
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldwin City's Senior Wheels program needs volunteer drivers