Christmas Day feed is set for American Legion Hall
For the second year in a row, the Caldwell family will be putting on a Christmas Day feed for the community free of charge.
It will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 25 at the American Legion Hall, Eighth and High streets. It will include turkey, ham and all the trimmings.
“Last year we had probably 75 people that came and shared this great day with us,” said Sheri Caldwell. “This year we expect at least twice that many due to the economy. Please come share the blessings with us, or if you would like to help, please call.”
Caldwell can be reached at (913)302-4708. Food donations can also be dropped off at the Legion Hall at 9 a.m. Dec. 25. Monetary donations can be made to Jay Randels at Baldwin State Bank.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School musicans chill on State Honor Band experience
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station