Neighbors: Ralph Tanner
Name: Ralph Tanner
Family: Wife, Judith
Place of birth: Alabama
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you here?
A. We’ve been here 29 years. I came to work at Baker University.
Q. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A. To move to Kansas.
Q. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A. Every day is a new opportunity.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. I have had a marvelous career as a teacher and administrator. And (2) as a state representative.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. A lawyer.
Q. What’s the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. In my garden or on the golf course.
Q. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A. The Alabama gulf coast.
- Favorite things
- Song: classical (symphony or choral)
- Movie: To Kill a Mockingbird
- Color: Red (crimson)
- Food: Italian
More like this story
- Baldwin City prepares for Friday arrival of 880 bicyclists
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Baldwin to play Girard in first round of state tourney
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food