Second city-wide cleanup set for Saturday
After the success of June’s City-Wide Cleanup, another one will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the wastewater treatment/power plant at 1100 Orange Street.
Waste items that will be accepted are limbs of all manageable sizes, yard waste, trash and debris not picked up on regular schedule, appliances, plastics, glass and recyclable metals.
Items that won’t be accepted are hazardous waste, contractor waste, commercial waste and tires. However, Baldwin Tires and Service will accept tires for a small fee from 8 a.m. to noon that day.
Questions should be directed to the public works office at 594-6907.
More like this story
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Sister city looking for more Baldwin City angels
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Professor finds rare audio of basketball inventor Naismith
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund