Cut cable leads to Internet, e-mail, cable outage
A fiber optic cable that was cut was responsible for an outage of MediaCom services Monday morning.
A spokesperson said mid morning that service could be out for five to eight hours, but service was restored around 12:30 p.m. The outage knocked out cable service, as well as the Internet and e-mail. The spokesperson did not have details about the cut cable.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Baldwin City downtown businesses look forward to festival crowds
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen