Second city-wide cleanup is Aug. 29
After the success of June’s City-Wide Cleanup, another one will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 29 at the wastewater treatment/power plant at 1100 Orange Street.
Waste items that will be accepted are limbs of all manageable sizes, yard waste, trash and debris not picked up on regular schedule, appliances, plastics, glass and recyclable metals.
Items that won’t be accepted are hazardous waste, contractor waste, commercial waste and tires. However, Baldwin Tires and Service will accept tires for a small fee from 8 a.m. to noon that day.
Questions should be directed to the public works office at 594-6907.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Marijuana refugee returns to Baldwin City to advocate for limited use of drug