Storm shelter to be designated
If all goes as planned, the city will have a storm shelter designated for the 2010 season.
During a report from the public safety committee at Monday’s Baldwin City Council meeting, the council was told Baldwin Junior High School’s gym basement would be the place to go in case of tornadoes.
The city has been without a designated storm shelter for the past two years because of logistical problems at BJHS. However, the Baldwin City Fire Department has volunteered to open and close the shelter during storms.
The agreement should be finalized with the Baldwin School District and ready for council approval at the Sept. 7 meeting.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin boys bid to exend season comes up short
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Coach confident wins on way for Baldwin High School soccer team