U.S. Senate confirms Sebelius; Parkinson to take governor’s oath at 7 p.m. today
The U.S. Senate has approved the nomination of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as the next U.S. Health and Human Services secretary.
The vote was 65-31 in favor of the governor's nomination. Lt. Gov. Mark Parkinson will be sworn at 7 p.m. today in the north wing of the Statehouse in as Kansas' new governor.
More like this story
- Former Lawrence lawmaker is Parkinson's pick for lieutenant governor
- Thornburgh bows out of governor's race
- Tuesday’s primary election will narrow crowded field of candidates
- Kansas: Obamacare lightning rod Sebelius resigns
- Environmentalists say provision in House-approved farm bill would make it easier to build coal-burning Sunflower plant