Sampler Festival this weekend
One hundred thirty-five communities will gather in Concordia's city park on May 2-3 to promote Kansas day trip ideas. The 20th annual Kansas Sampler Festival will provide the public a sample of what there is to see, do, hear, taste, buy, and learn in Kansas.
Kansas musicians and historic performers will showcase their talents, Kansas products and books will be sold, and food booths are managed by local restaurants and specialty food producers.
The festival is a project of the Inman-based Kansas Sampler Foundation with Cloud County Convention & Tourism as the local host. Concordia attractions , including the Orphan Train Museum, the Brown Grand Theatre, and the Nazareth Motherhouse will also be open for tours.
Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $5 for adults; $3 for kids 7-14. More information is available at www.kansassamplerfestival.com; (785) 243.4303.
More like this story
- State funding decisions put pressure on Baldwin district to increase property taxes
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas may face $42 million tax tab to former Pizza Hut magnate
- Baldwin City Council approves 2016 budget
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon