CDC offers tips for preventing swine flu
Two cases of swine influenza have been reported in Kansas. To protect yourself and others, the Centers for Disease Control suggests the following:
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
• Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
• If you get sick, try to stay home from work or school and limit contact with other people as much as possible.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread easily that way.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers