House explosion in Franklin County sends two to hospital
Two people were taken to Ransom Memorial Hospital in Ottawa with minor injuries early Tuesday after an explosion at a house in Franklin County, Undersheriff Steve Lunger said.
No other injuries were reported, he said, as apparently everyone escaped from the house.
Firefighters, medics and sheriff’s officers responded to the report of the house explosion about 12:30 a.m. at 4002 Nevada Road, about 7 miles northeast of Ottawa.
Lunger said the Kansas State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating the incident.
“The cause is unknown at this time, but a possible cause may have been a propane leak,” he said.
A sheriff’s officer arrived on the scene and noticed debris all over the yard, and the house was completely engulfed in flames before firefighters brought it under control, Lunger said.
More like this story
- Biking Across Kansas tour plans June overnight stop in Baldwin City
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Proposed Baldwin City littering ordinance draws criticism