BHS baseball, softball games postponed until Wednesday
Due to wet grounds, the Baldwin High School baseball and softball games against Spring Hill today have been rained out. BHS Activities Director Gary Stevanus made the announcement late Tuesday morning. Substantial rainfall on Thursday night and Sunday was too much for the BHS fields to dry in time for this afternoon's contests.
The varsity baseball games will be played Wednesday at Spring Hill. The Bulldogs will be the road team for the Frontier League doubleheader. Meanwhile, the varsity softball doubleheader will be played Wednesday at the BHS ball field.
Both baseball and softball will begin at 6 p.m., because Kansas State High School Activities Association rules won't allow the the games to start sooner than 6 p.m. on the night of the State Large Group Music Festival.
The junior varsity baseball and softball games haven't been rescheduled yet.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake