BHS soccer sweeps Eudora
The Baldwin High School varsity soccer team hosted a very tough Class 5A Gardner-Edgerton team at home last Thursday.
Baldwin lost the game 3-0, despite being tied at 0-0 for more than 70 minutes of the game.
"We wore out because we were sick, but played well as team for 65 minutes," first-year coach Matt McCune said.
Senior Tracie Weege felt that the team has improved, but still needs work.
"Overall we have been improving as a team, but there is still more of the season to come," she said. "Our offense has improved, but needs to improve even more. The defense has came a long way since the beginning."
On Tuesday, the varsity and junior varsity teams defeated Eudora 1-0 on the road. On varsity, freshman Louis Joslyn scored the goal on a breakaway during the first half. In the JV game, senior Jacob Breithaupt scored the lone goal.
"You always want to win, so the victories were nice," McCune said. "This is the first time both teams have won on the same night all season. I was proud of both teams for shutting out their opponents."
The varsity Bulldogs now have a record of 3-3.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food