Signal, Heritage Tractor urging youths to enter voter poster contest
Calling all youths: Help get out the vote.
The Baldwin City Signal and Heritage Tractor are sponsoring a poster design contest for youths 18 and younger.
The posters must be original in design and promote the theme of "your vote counts."
A panel of judges will select winners in two categories: Kindergarten through eighth grade and ninth-12th grade. Cash prizes will be awarded.
Winning posters will then be published in the Signal before the Nov. 4 general election. The posters may be placed in business and office windows before the election to remind people to vote.
Deadline for entries will be Oct. 10 and the posters may be dropped off at the Signal or at any Baldwin City school.
A complete listing of rules and the poster entry form may be found on page 8A of the Sept. 25 issue of the Signal or download the entry form by clicking on "Get out the vote" link near the upper left of this story.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares