School board members set to answer questions
In an effort to help Baldwin School District patrons better understand the upcoming $22.9 million bond issue, the Baldwin School Board will have five members at parent-teacher conferences Oct. 23.
From 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., board members will be at all district schools except Baldwin High School and Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center. Staff members will at those schools.
“They will give tours, answer questions, anything people need,” said Amy Cleavinger, who is heading efforts for a group favoring passage of the bond issue.
The lion’s share of the bond money goes to building a new Baldwin Elementary School Primary Center near BESIC, a new auditorium and repairs to Baldwin Junior High School.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Annunciation Church to have St. Pat's Day dinner tonight
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets