Poster contest winners chosen
Two entries in the “Get Out The Vote” poster contest have been selected by a panel of judges and will be published in the Oct. 23 and Oct. 30 issues of the Signal.
The contest is sponsored by Heritage Tractor and the Baldwin City Signal and was designed to raise awareness of the importance of voting this year. There were 48 entries in the inaugural contest and the top two finishers will receive cash prizes in addition to having their art work displayed on a full page in the Signal.
Citizens are encouraged to display those pages in their homes and businesses as a way to spur Baldwin City residents to get out and vote in the Nov. 4 election. All the entries will eventually be displayed in a photo gallery on the Signal’s Web site at www.baldwincity.com.
More like this story
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Congregate meals to end after next month at Baldwin City Senior Center
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule