Maple Leaf has arrived
Yes, it’s Maple Leaf Festival time again.
As usual, the Saturday and Sunday events are always the favorites, especially the parade and the booths – food, arts and crafts and plenty of them. But the 51st edition of the festival even has a new start with a Scholarship Pageant kicking everything off at 7 p.m. Friday at Baldwin Junior High School.
“I am looking forward to this year’s Maple Leaf Festival – a start of the next 50 years,” said Donna Curran, Maple Leaf committee chair.
For stories on the pageant and other Maple Leaf Festival festivities, see the special section below.
We look forward to seeing our 30,000 closest friends once again.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment
- Proposed Baldwin City littering ordinance draws criticism
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases