BHS girls’ tennis tunes up for regionals
Baldwin High School girls’ tennis team had some success Saturday at the Blazer Round Robin in Gardner.
In doubles action, Brianna Krysztof and Alyssa Peterson (No. 1 doubles) went 3-2 and placedthird. Emily Russell and Aubrey Black (No. 2 doubles) went 2-3 on the day.
Kara Protasio played No. 1 singles and went 1-4, while Michaela Krysztof went 5-0 in No. 2 doubles to win that bracket.
Last week at the Bonner Springs Tournament, both doubles teams went 3-2. B. Krysztof and Peterson placed third, while Russell and Black finished fourth.
In singles action, M. Krysztof (No. 1 singles) and Bailey Brown each went 2-1.
“Brianna and Alyssa are starting to play well again,” coach Justin Hoffman said. “Their play quality had dropped at the beginning of the week. Aubrey is playing her best tennis right now which is good considering regionals is right around the corner.
The Bulldogs will begin postseason action today with their Class 4A regional tournament in De Soto.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere