Also from October 6
- Two Baldwin City teens injured in Friday accident
- 02:53 p.m., October 6, 2008 Updated 03:35 p.m.
- Two 16-year-old Baldwin High School juniors were taken by helicopter ambulance Friday night after a one-vehicle accident two miles west of LeLoup at the intersection of Stafford and Ohio roads in Franklin County.
- Beloved landmark: Preservation group breathes new life into Vinland icon
- October 6, 2008
- It’s been 129 years since its cornerstone was set. About 90 years since James Naismith, the inventor of basketball, preached from its pulpit. A good 54 years since hymns rang up into the rafters.