Overbrook man injured in accident on U.S. 56
A 29-year-old Overbrook man was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital Tuesday morning after his car rear-ended another car on U.S. Highway 56 about 2 miles west of Baldwin City.
According to a Kansas Highway Patrol report, Joey D. Shay, 29, was headed east in a 1995 Saturn as Heather Allen, 22, of Baldwin City, was waiting to turn left onto East 1500 Road. Shay’s car then struck Allen’s car from behind.
Allen wore her seat belt, and she was not injured. Paramedics took Shay, who was not wearing his seat belt, to Lawrence Memorial hospital.
An LMH spokeswoman said Shay was transferred to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., where a spokesman there said information about his condition was not available late Tuesday afternoon.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Gail Guenther
- Baker opens football season with upset home victory
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging looks to partner with local business for new senior nutrition program
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke