Mabee Memorial Hall
A multifunctional facility, the three-story Mabee Memorial Hall is among Baker University's most versatile and heavily used. It houses several academic departments, classrooms, athletic training room, fitness center, small gymnasium, computer labs and offices for physical education instructors.
The original building on the site was constructed in 1900 and named Rippey Gymnasium. It burned in 1907 and was rebuilt the following year as Taylor Hall, site of President William Howard Taft's address on world peace in 1911. Taylor Hall burned in the early 1940s, was rebuilt in 1947 and named Memorial Hall, a tribute to Baker alumni who served in World War II. When it was renovated in 1972, the building's name was changed to reflect the generous assistance of the Mabee Foundation.