Baker mourns loss of recent graduate
The Baker University campus is mourning the loss of recent Baker graduate Jeremy Frye, who died Tuesday, June 10, in Olathe after being hospitalized nearly two months as he battled cancer.
Frye, a music education major from Overland Park, was presented a Baker diploma on Saturday.
"Jeremy, you were such a wonderful addition to the class setting and your sense of curiosity and willingness to actively participate in all discussions left me with fond memories," said Peggy Harris, dean of the School of Education, during the diploma presentation. " Your personality and your smile ... yes ... your big Jeremy smile, was always there each day."
A celebration of Frye's life will be held at 4 p.m. on Monday, June 16, at Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church, College Boulevard and Nieman Road followed by a gathering of family and friends in the church's Heartland Fellowship Hall.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Baldwin City Council told new sidewalk to BESIC to be completed by Aug. 1
- Conceptual plan for new public works complex shared with Baldwin City Council
- Baldwin City's Orchard Lane completing renovation of apartment building