Lightning strike disrupts service to 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers
A lightning strike near Linwood has disrupted service to about 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
Sunflower Broadband General Manager Patrick Knorr said crews are out working to repair the problem, and service is expected to be restored by this evening.
Customers in southern Leavenworth and western Wyandotte counties are affected, Knorr said. The towns of Basehor and Linwood are without Internet, cable and phone. Customers in Tonganoxie are without phone, but cable and internet are working.
Customers in Lawrence are not affected.
More like this story
- Block grant proposal would cost Baldwin schools $100,000
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldwin school board makes needed budget adjustment for next school year
- Valuation notices sent out to Douglas County property owners