Lightning strike disrupts service to 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers
A lightning strike near Linwood has disrupted service to about 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
Sunflower Broadband General Manager Patrick Knorr said crews are out working to repair the problem, and service is expected to be restored by this evening.
Customers in southern Leavenworth and western Wyandotte counties are affected, Knorr said. The towns of Basehor and Linwood are without Internet, cable and phone. Customers in Tonganoxie are without phone, but cable and internet are working.
Customers in Lawrence are not affected.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council approves 2016 budget
- Baldwin City Council publishes proposed 2016 budget with 4.57 mill levy increase
- Baldwin school district's proposed 2015-2016 proposed budget maintains current mill levy
- Baldwin school board approves publication of proposed 2015-16 budget that maintain current mill levy
- State funding decisions put pressure on Baldwin district to increase property taxes