Have a happy Fourth
Our View Editorial
Baldwin City has a long history of celebrating the Fourth of July right. With the return of the fireworks display several years ago, that is even more true.
Get out and enjoy the display Friday at dusk at the ball fields near the high school. It gets better every year. The community has supported the effort since it was brought back and that needs to continue. We don't want to lose it again.
It isn't all of what's going on for the Fourth, either. The Baldwin City Recreation Commission is putting on a daylong event at the Baldwin City Municipal Pool. That's a good way to cool down on a hot day and have fun. Enjoy that, too.
Of course, there are plenty of long-standing Fourth parties and displays throughout the countryside surrounding Baldwin City. Those are a part of the celebration, too.
Wherever you enjoy the Fourth, enjoy it safely.
More like this story
- Intersection of CR 1055 and North 600 Road to be closed today
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election