Rice Foundation ups scholarship grant
The Ethel and Raymond Rice Foundation recently awarded Baker University $35,000 in support of undergraduate student scholarships, adding to the endowed Rice Scholarship Fund which provides annual scholarship support for graduates of Douglas County high schools attending Baker.
"Scholarships are critical in our efforts to attract promising students to Baker University," Baker President Pat Long said. "The university is delighted that the foundation renewed its support which demonstrates its commitment to the outstanding students here at Baker."
The foundation has long supported student scholarships, student health and academic programs at Baker. It has provided $145,000 to the endowed scholarship fund at Baker since 1998.
Raymond Rice established the Foundation that bears his name in 1972 after the death of his wife, Ethel. Since that time, the foundation has generously supported non-profit organizations in Douglas County.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Baldwin Academy of Dance and Voice to have spring show
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets