Baker women’s basketball
Baker University will face No. 2 seed MidAmerica Nazarene at 7 p.m. Thursday in Olathe in the first round of the Heart of America Athletic Conference postseason women's basketball tournament.
The Wildcats, the No. 7 seed in the tournament, closed the regular season with a 68-50 loss to Evangel on Saturday in Springfield, Mo. Baker (15-15 overall and 10-10 in the HAAC) led by three points at halftime before being outscored 45-24 in the final 20 minutes.
Senior Allie Heinen and freshman Audrey Bryant scored 10 points apiece to pace Baker. Junior Kaitlin Schneden had six rebounds.
MidAmerica Nazarene (21-10, 15-5) beat Baker twice during the regular season. The Pioneers tied William Jewell for second in the conference standings.
Heinen was named to the second-team all-HAAC team after leading the Wildcats with a 16.5 scoring average. She was second on the team with 7.6 rebounds a game.
More like this story
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldwin City's Orchard Lane completing renovation of apartment building
- Kansas Cosmosphere opens renovated planetarium
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects