Baker women place third at HAAC indoor meet
Baker's women's track and field team placed third on Saturday at the Heart of America Athletic Conference indoor meet in Lamoni, Iowa.
The Wildcats finished with 88 points. Lindenwood (272) and MidAmerica Nazarene (246) finished 1-2.
Junior Chelsey Ornbun was Baker's lone HAAC champion, winning the pole vault with a 3.30-meter mark to become a three-time conference individual winner. Teammate Kayla Irwin was second in the pole vault.
Sophomore Ashlee Miller placed in the top eight in five events, including third-place finishes in the 200, long jump, high jump, 55 hurdles and 4x800 relay.
Top performers for the Baker men were Aaron Hannon and Richie Bryant. Hannon placed third in the heptathlon and tied for fifth with teammate Zach Atzeni in the 55 hurdles. Bryant finished second in the long jump.
Hannon, Matthew James, Leland Lindsey and Tanner Gleason placed second in the 4x400 relay.
Baker's men finished sixth with 45 points.
The Wildcats have 10 national qualifiers for the NAIA Indoor National Championships March 6-8 in Johnson City, Tenn.
More like this story
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations