Eighth Street is closed at High Street
Street closures returned Tuesday after an absence with Eighth Street closed at High Street because of the Downtown Streetscape Project.
Crews with Bryant and Bryant Construction closed the street Tuesday morning to begin installing the crosswalk concrete as has been done at the intersection of High and Seventh streets.
It's unknown how long the street will be closed. Typically with the other intersection, closures lasted at least four days and sometimes longer. As always, weather will play a role. The Signal will update this story online as more information becomes available.
The $1.8 million project to replace sidewalks and street lamps and improve handicap accessibility downtown was started in June. It is unknown when it will be completed.
More like this story
- Baldwin City prepares for Friday arrival of 880 bicyclists
- Governor, FCC commissioner urge community to share success stories from fiber optic cable access
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Master gardeners give downtown Baldwin City park a facelift