BC police stay busy again
Baldwin City police arrested one man and cited a young woman for offenses involving alcohol and drugs in the past weeks.
On Saturday at 11:45 p.m., an officer made a routine traffic stop in the 1000 block of Ames. He noticed two people in the back of the car moving around putting something in the seat. He also found a 30-pack of beer on the floor of the passenger side.
"The driver smelled of alcohol and was asked if he'd been drinking," said Police Chief Mike McKenna. "He said, 'no, but my brother has.'"
All of the occupants of the car were removed and it was searched. Found were the 30-pack of beer, an open bottle of whisky and a green metal box that contained drug residue, said McKenna.
A 21-year-old Oswatomie man was arrested for possession of controlled substances and transporting an open container. He was taken to Douglas County Jail and will face municipal charges.
On Aug. 14 at 10:45 p.m., an officer observed a vehicle going eastbound in the 300 block of Ames without its headlights on. The vehicle was pulled over. The 18-year-old Blue Springs, Mo., woman had a slight smell of alcohol about her, but passed a field sobriety test. A breathalyzer test revealed she had been drinking. She was cited for minor in consumption of alcohol.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker Edition: Football games to be on ESPN3, KC TV
- Ives Chapel UMC to have back-to-school clothing give-away next 2 Saturdays