Baldwin City man arrested for sex crimes against teenage girl
A 42-year-old Baldwin City man was arrested early Monday morning by Baldwin City police on charges of aggravated indecent liberties with a minor and lewd and lascivious conduct, said Police Chief Mike McKenna.
McKenna said the arrest was the result of an incident that started Sunday night shortly before midnight. It involved a teenage girl under 16, but he declined to give an age or where the incident took place.
"The teenager reported that this has happened before," said McKenna. "The mother of the girl called us."
He was taken to Douglas County Jail and had his first court appearance Monday afternoon. McKenna said the investigation would continue.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers