BHS finished third at league golf
Lawrence On Monday, the Baldwin High School golf team competed at the Frontier League competition at the Eagle Bend golf course in Lawrence.
The Bulldogs placed third with 325 total team points. They were barely behind second-place Louisburg's 321 points, and in reach of league champion Paola's 293 points.
"There are still a couple of tough teams that make us compete every time out," coach Nikki Burnett said.
Top placers for the Bulldogs were junior Mason Dick and senior Jesse Green, who finished second and eighth, respectively. Other golfers were junior Blake Randels, 18th place; senior Conner Nottingham, 24th place; sophomore John Grosdidier, 28th place; and sophomore Shelby Arnold, 37th place.
Burnett credited the team's success with their balance.
"There are about five different individuals on different days," Burnett said. "It leads to a balanced team."
The Bulldogs will next compete at 8:30 a.m. on May 3 at Anderson County.
BHS Correspondent Calleigh Durr contributed to this story.
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baker Edition: 2015-2016 Academic Calendar
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Baker names Lawrence native new baseball coach