Motorcycle-deer accident sends Baldwin City man to hospital
An early morning collision involving a motorcycle and two deer sent a Baldwin City man to a Kansas City, Mo., hospital, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Lawrence Corder, 37, was in fair condition at St. Luke's Hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Corder was injured when his Honda motorcycle collided with the deer about 3:40 a.m. while headed south in the 500 block of Douglas County Route 1055, at the base of what is known as Baldwin Hill, Sheriff's Lt. Kari Wempe said.
Corder was wearing a helmet and was returning home from work at the time of the accident, she said. He was flown to St. Luke's by helicopter ambulance.
One of the deer was killed in the accident but the second deer had to be destroyed because of its injuries, Wempe said.
More like this story
- BCRC tweaks start of Baldwin City community center drive
- Baldwin City Recreational Commission representatives update school board on community center project
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Baker Wetlands Discover Center open house this weekend
- Annual Wellness Festival approaching