U.S. 59 work expected to cause ‘significant delays’ Monday
The Kansas Department of Transportation is warning drivers that there are likely to be delays of up to 25 minutes as work continues Monday on U.S. Highway 59 from the Baldwin Junction north to K-10.
KDOT Spokesman Kim Qualls said that weather permitting the work will be start Monday which "may result in significant traffic delays." Pilot cars will be used to take motorists through the construction area.
Traffic will be restricted to one lane on U.S. 59 and motorists are encouraged to take alternative routes, she said.
More like this story
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars