U.S. 59 work expected to cause ‘significant delays’ Monday
The Kansas Department of Transportation is warning drivers that there are likely to be delays of up to 25 minutes as work continues Monday on U.S. Highway 59 from the Baldwin Junction north to K-10.
KDOT Spokesman Kim Qualls said that weather permitting the work will be start Monday which "may result in significant traffic delays." Pilot cars will be used to take motorists through the construction area.
Traffic will be restricted to one lane on U.S. 59 and motorists are encouraged to take alternative routes, she said.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms