Gertrude S. Coon
GERTRUDE S. COON
Graveside services for Gertrude S. Coon, 88, Eudora, were Saturday at Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence. Mrs. Coon died Aug. 30, 2007, at Baldwin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born Nov. 22, 1918, at Ottawa, the daughter of Walter E. and Gertrude E. (Evans) Hansen. She worked in Production Control at Hallmark Cards. She was a Worthy Matron in the Eastern Star of Baldwin City and a past president of the Pilot Club. She moved to Eudora in 1997 and was a member of Eudora United Methodist Church.
She married Lawrence E. Coon April 1, 1939. He died Sept. 19, 1995. A son, Edward, two brothers and two sisters also preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Stephen, Baldwin City, three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Memorials may be made to the charity of the donor's choice and sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to www.warrenmcelwain.com subject/Coon.
More like this story
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider