Baker University volleyball
Baker University went 4-2 at the William Jessup Invitational over the weekend in Sacramento, Calif.
The Wildcats (7-4) defeated host William Jessup, Northwest Christian, Walla Walla University and Menlo University. Their two losses came from Oregon Institute of Technology and South Dakota Tech.
Junior libero Jayde Allen averaged 6.3 digs per game and 23 service aces. Junior outside hitter Alexis Pryor averaged 3.7 kills per game with a match-high 20 kills against William Jessup. Transfers Katie Jaschke and Whitney Segrist also had solid performances with Segrist, a setter, averaged10.3 assists per game and Jaschke, a middle hitter Jaschke hit .360 with 1.4 blocks per game.
Baker's home opener is the Baker Invitational this weekend. Its first match is scheduled for 3 p.m. Friday at the Collins Center.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Baker Edition: 2015 Fall Sports Schedule
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens