Fire department responds to healthcare center alarm
Emergency personnel responded at about 4 p.m. to a call from Baldwin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in West Baldwin where the smell of smoke was detected.
All of the Baldwin City Fire Department trucks responded and residents were evacuated. However, there were no visible flames or smoke. Fire fighters were checking through all the rooms to find where the problem was.
All residents were accounted for and were resting comfortably outside the entrance to the building. The Signal will update this story as more information becomes available. There will be pictures and additional information in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- Baldwin City man's car stands out among hotrods and muscle cars
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts