Fire department responds to healthcare center alarm
Emergency personnel responded at about 4 p.m. to a call from Baldwin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in West Baldwin where the smell of smoke was detected.
All of the Baldwin City Fire Department trucks responded and residents were evacuated. However, there were no visible flames or smoke. Fire fighters were checking through all the rooms to find where the problem was.
All residents were accounted for and were resting comfortably outside the entrance to the building. The Signal will update this story as more information becomes available. There will be pictures and additional information in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold
- Farmers eager for drones, but most can't legally fly them
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center