Fire department responds to healthcare center alarm
Emergency personnel responded at about 4 p.m. to a call from Baldwin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in West Baldwin where the smell of smoke was detected.
All of the Baldwin City Fire Department trucks responded and residents were evacuated. However, there were no visible flames or smoke. Fire fighters were checking through all the rooms to find where the problem was.
All residents were accounted for and were resting comfortably outside the entrance to the building. The Signal will update this story as more information becomes available. There will be pictures and additional information in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers