Bulldogs cruise to bi-district title 41-7
After throwing three touchdowns a week ago, the Baldwin High offense got back on track Tuesday night.
BHS threw a trio of touchdowns Thursday in its 20-19 victory over Eudora to win the district crown. On Tuesday, the Bulldogs (8-2) racked up 515 yards of offense and rushed for six scores in their 41-7 win over Bishop Ward.
"That was the goal," Baldwin coach Mike Berg said. "We have to get the ball going on the ground. We didn't have a rushing touchdown last week, so that was our goal tonight. We were able to accomplish that."
Tuesday's victory gave BHS the bi-district championship and kept its season alive.
Baldwin will next play in the Class 4A regional round. The game is scheduled for 7 p.m. Saturday in Marysville.
There will be a full story in Thursday's Signal with photos.
More like this story
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Baldwin's Dorathy, Lawrence superintendent worry about more cuts as Legislature looks for way out of red ink
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant