Ruth E. Jarvis
RUTH E. JARVIS
Graveside services for Ruth E. Jarvis, 73, Olathe, were Wednesday at Vinland Cemetery in Vinland. Mrs. Jarvis died Sept. 29, 2007, at Pinnacle Ridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Olathe.
She was born Oct. 4, 1933, in Overland Park, the daughter of Paul and Helen Langdon Wallace.She worked as a secretary for Social and Rehabilitation Services in Lawrence for 15 years, retiring in 1990. She was a longtime resident of Lawrence and was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Lawrence.
Survivors include two sons, Jon, Plant City, Fla., and Ronald Krokroskia, Springfield, Mo.; two daughters, Melissa Jarvis, Olathe, and Julie Ybarra, Baldwin City; one brother, Paul Wallace Jr., Baldwin City; two sisters, Jean Johnston, Basehor, and Marilyn Mayes, Independence, Mo.; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Online condolences may be sent to www.warrenmcelwain.com, subject: Jarvis.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City